With so many advantages with Micro Inverters, its no wonder why they have become a popular choice when going Solar!
- High DC voltages are avoided. As such AC protection can be used which is more effective (less fire risk).
- As each panel is independent of the others shading or failure does not affect the other panels.
- The overall system performance is greater when compared to string inverters.
- Micro inverters genarally have a longer manufactures warranty.
- Micro inverters are more efficient when compared to string inverters (when directly compared about 8% more output).
- Each micro inverter & panel performance can be remotely monitored more easily. Remote technical support is alerted and can notify faults faster than compared to string inverters.
- The PV system can be expanded easily. More panels can be added anywhere on a site and connected to the LV reticulation.
- Higher reliability.
- Flexibility, regarding size, orientation shading, tilt and most importantly if one micro inverter were to fail only that would have to be replaced. This is much cheaper than replacing a large string inverter.
- Micro arrays can be placed at any suitable locations on a site. They do not have to be clustered together.
- Expanding a system you do not have to use panels with similar technical spec. You can take advantage of panel developments.
- The system is built up of single phase ac circuits.
- Three phase installations are very easy to implement.
- The initial capital cost of a micro inverter system is higher than string inverter systems.
- There is more complex equipment comprising the system
Take a look at the micro inverters we currenty use.
APS Micro inverter technology maximizes power generation for each module in the PV array, boosting system efficiency by up to 20 percent compared to conventional “string” systems. When combined with the APS Communicator and APS Monitor, the APS Micro inverter lets you track the performance of each module in your PV array through any web-enabled device. A single APS YC500 microinverter unit handles two PV modules, significantly lowering installation and balance-of-system costs. All APS micro inverters undergo rigorous factory testing, evaluation and field tracking, and are built to a 25-year design life.
- Ability to track performance of individual modules
- the 500W micro inverters can handle 2 PV modules
- 25 year design life
Enphase microinverters operate independently, so each panel performs to its fullest where one shaded or dirty panel won’t affect the rest of the system. Burst technology lets microinverters produce more at dawn, dusk, and in low-light conditions, for a longer solar day. Enphase microinverters come with a 25-year warranty.
- Independent operation
- More production
- 25 year warranty